Monday, January 10, 2011

Ups and Downs



Well, today Indiana seems to be feeling well but is being picky about eating. She didn't want to finish her dinner last night or her breakfast this morning but ate her lunch like a champ (and like a princess--Jim fed her with a spoon). Hopefully dinner will go well tonight. Cooked turkey is one of the few "accepted" foods on her list, and I'm not sure what we'll do if she starts poo-pooing it.

I find that with all that's going on with Indiana, and all the responsibility I feel, I am getting grumpier. I am annoyed at the pettiness and hatred I see (the big downside of Facebook, and why do I listen to the news?). Why can't everyone just get along? I think dealing with all of this stuff with Indiana has really clarified for me that the most important thing in the world is LOVE. This can be as serious as the love we have for our spouses, children (furry or not), and families, and as inconsequential as general love for mankind, and being patient and kind with strangers. (Does everyone in the grocery store have to be grumpy?)

I think we, as a society, forget to be decent to each other, and it's really starting to tick me off. I've always had a tendency to want to become a hermit and hibernate in my home (where it's warm, safe, and the only crabby person there is me). It seems the tougher life gets, the more that tendency comes out in me. But alas, I have things like responsibilities and friends, which keep me on my toes most of the time.

I simply find that the world hurts more when my life is difficult. But I'm glad that I am focused on what's really important in life. I just wish everyone else would figure it out too.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are such a wonderful person, Jen, to remind us to stop and think of the other person in our lives, be it human or animal. We are not always the most important thing in our lives.