Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Electrifying

(an old picture of Indiana and my Mom and Dad's cat, Scooter)
Yesterday I wrote about the new drama that is occurring in our veterinary world, and while I'm still distressed about the whole thing, I know we'll make it work. We had an appointment to see Vet #1 yesterday, which went pretty well. She was happy with how Indy's doing and gave Indiana another electro-acupuncture treatment. Electro-acupuncture starts out the same as regular acupuncture, but then the doctor attaches electrodes to the needles. A small electrical current then runs into the pressure points, providing extra stimulation.
Indiana is on her third treatment, and it seems to be helping. She has more confidence getting around, is moving faster, and even got up onto the bed this morning! I had been thinking the past several days about how I missed her sleeping between us at night. But then this morning, lo and behold, as I walked back to bed after breaking up a "cat indiscretion" (Gus and Mr. Squiggles--someone wanted to sleep and someone wanted to play), Indiana walked ahead of me and walked onto the bed! It made my heart swell with pride.
She really never ceases to amaze me. Her resilience is something special.
Oh, so back to the vet drama. I was worried about being able to get the meds that Vet #2 prescribed, but my vet assured me that any I really want, I can have special ordered. No word about whether there will be a price increase, but at this point, I kind of don't care.
The cats are stir crazy these days because it's well below freezing, and they therefore have no desire to be outside. But outside helps them burn off energy. Energy that is currently building up, causing my cats to be crazier and naughtier than ever. But funnier too. So it's worth it.

No comments: