Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Day Off For Some


Indy had a decent day on the treadmill yesterday. In our previous session, she wouldn't walk, which freaked us all out. So yesterday I brought along her life jacket, thinking that would help. We changed up her routine though, which I think only succeeded in making her mad. She hates the life jacket. I know this. She is whip smart and picks up routine like that. So why did I think she'd be ok, after three-plus years of doing it one way, suddenly be ok with doing it a different way. I basically can't win. But Mary, her PT, went into the water with her and got her through 15 minutes of treadmill, which is a start. Maybe Saturday will be better?
Mary, our aforementioned PT, thought that Indiana might benefit from some more chiropractic ASAP. (She typically gets it once a month) So this required a call to the vet to see if we could add in chiropractic to her acupuncture appointment at our vet's office next week. Luckily the answer was yes, saving us a trip to her #1 chiropractor, who lives an hour and ten minutes away. It'd be great if Indiana's staff was consolidated into one area, but alas, they are not. Therefore, I feel like her personal assistant most of the time, coordinating doctors and appointments, and trying to remember where she needs to be, and when, and what for.
Indiana's been eating well lately. I'm almost afraid to say it, in case I jinx it. I feel a certain amount of pride in this, because it means I have figured her out! She has complicated rules, and Jim and I have finally learned what they are. Yes! I can't get to cocky though, because she's been known to change the rules mid-game before. Cheater.
Today is a day off for Indy. I, however, am working to bring home the bacon. Almost literally. I work a handful of hours a month at our local awesome pet food store, Razzle-Dazzle Doggie Bow-tique. It gets me out of the house, and I get to interact with and, sometimes, educate enthusiastic pet owners, which I love. Plus I get lots of kisses from the grooming customers. The dogs, not the people.

No comments: