Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He Saves My Life Every Day


This is a picture I took of Gus last night, sleeping on his cat tower, or what we call "Birthday Palace." (He got it for his two-ish birthday) He sleeps on it quite a bit now, and last night I looked over to find him with his face planted directly into it. I assume he can breathe. You can see his adorable little gimpy right leg tucked behind him, one of the ways he's learned to adapt to his disability.
Anyway, Gus does something freaking adorable just about every day. Heck, he's adorable even when he's just sitting around. But nearly every day, he does something photo-worthy. To be honest, he's usually asleep though. But hey, he's a cat.
When life seems dark, and I'm focused on what's going on with Indiana, I like to take a step back and stare at Gus for a while. He simply makes me smile. Though he can be a handful (remember this?), he's typically pretty happy and off in his own little world. He can be really loving when he wants to be, and it makes you feel so special, like you've finally earned his approval. I like to start my day off by finding him and giving him a kiss. I get a rush of love and a can feel a little giggle rising in my throat (honestly, Gus, in every way, makes me laugh). On those worst of days, Gus has the ability to make it all worthwhile.

No comments: