Monday, May 2, 2011

Seeking Fortune and Glory


This weekend was Indiana's 13th Birthday party, with the theme of "Indiana Bones."  We had such a good time.  We had almost 30 people at the party (plus one doggie guest), and because it was so windy outside, we had to have the party inside.  Luckily, all of the guests get along! 


The spread of food.  I forgot to take a picture before the food was devoured, but you get the idea.  The food was themed to the party, of course, with foods from the different countries featured in the movies.  Check out the awesome golden idol in the center of the photo, by the way.

Each guest got their own golden goblet.  Each guest was tasked with picking "the cup of Christ," by flipping over their cup.  If they "chose poorly," they got the aging, melty-faced guy.  One guest "chose wisely," picking the cup with the knight, and winning a prize!

Again, I forgot to take a picture of the beverage table before all of the cups were taken, but it looked pretty cool.


Part of the decor.  Note the monkey.

Dessert!  I like to bake.

And I really like dessert.

What's an Indiana Jones party without chilled monkey brains?  Nobody really ate it (and I can't say as though I blame them), but it was totally worth it because everyone thought it was funny.

The lady of the day.  She had THE. BEST. TIME.  Every time a guest would come in, she would light up.  And she got tons of attention.  She sat in the middle of all of the action, surveying her kingdom.  All of the work, all of the stress, was totally worth it, seeing her face during this party.

Some of the guests.

My doggie-cousin, Honey.  She was so good and totally funny.  She found a cat toy mouse, thought it was real, and ran around the house at top speed with it in her mouth, showing it to all of the guests and the cats.  I died laughing.

Indiana with my friend's baby.  He was so good with her, and she with him.  The photo is blurry, but I couldn't resist posting it.

My friend's baby, bringing a toy to Indy.  So sweet!

Our vet came to the party!  She laid down with Indiana, and Indy looked at her like, "What the heck are YOU doing here?" Then she gave her a giant kiss right on the nose.  I love this picture!

Overall, it was a wonderful day.   We had several games and fun prizes, which the guests really enjoyed, and way too much food.  It was crazy busy, and utterly fantastic.  I love all of our friends and family for being such good sports, and for supporting us and Indiana.  That's true love, honestly.  Indiana is still exhausted from the big day, but in seeing her face, and the looks of delight at all of the action and attention, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  That is exactly why we throw these parties.  I love that dog with all my heart.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a lucky dog Indy is! Such a fun party!! Happy birthday to Indiana! :)

Pet Support for Seniors said...

This doggie party rocked!
Signed, Honey the dog:)