Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to The Noodle

 My Noodle turns 12 today!

I feel guilty today, for two reasons.  One, while catching up with my online friends (in person) last week, I realized they were barely aware that I had a second dog.  And two, I woke up this morning (not on my own), and I didn't realize until I got an email from Dogster that today is Isis' birthday.  I mean, I probably would have figured it out, but I still felt bad that Dogster remembered before I did. 

I've written about Isis before, usually about how she plays second fiddle to Indiana.  It's not that I love her less, because I certainly don't, but she's independent and neurotic, and well, healthy.  So she requires a lot less from me.  And sometimes I really, really love that about her.  She's so simple.  All she wants most days is food and attention when she asks for it (and she's VERY forward about asking for attention). 

But today my youngest dog turns 12.  True to form, while I was feeling guilty about my delayed memory (let's not call it "forgetting," okay?), Isis was running around the house, happy as a clam, because Daddy had gotten home from work.  When I got out of bed, she simply wanted her food, then she went back to her bathroom (because that's where she chooses to sleep) to nap until lunch.  A simple, happy day for a simple, happy dog.

Jim and I won't let today go without a celebration though.  We're taking Isis out for a run this afternoon (she's deliriously happy on runs), and then for dinner, we'll load up both dogs and take them to Culver's for a hamburger and then to the Dairy Queen for ice cream.  For us, so simple, but for Isis, absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy birthday to Isis! I don't even really remember any of our cats birthdays. But then, I have trouble remembering human birthdays too! :) (So you're way ahead of the game from me!)