Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Every Pet Deserves a Chance at Life




In just 3 days, I will be in Boston with my friend Amy to walk in the 4th Annual Paws 4 A Cure Walk.  A while back, I wrote a guilt-inducing (I hope!) post about why groups like Paws 4 A Cure, who provides medical treatment for animals whose parents can't afford it, are important.  We're not talking about medical treatments like teeth cleaning, or shots, or spay and neuter.  We're talking about things like life-or-death surgery or cancer treatments.  Without these, the pets would most likely die. 

It breaks my heart to think that a pet could die because a family couldn't afford to treat them.  Jim and I have always felt so fortunate that we could afford any care for Indiana that we needed.  But not every family is so lucky.  And that's why I feel that it's so important to give back.  Indiana has had almost 5 more years of good quality life since her first cancer diagnosis, and though there have been bumps on the road, she has come through all of them.  I think every pet deserves that chance. 

So that's why I'm donating money to Paws 4 A Cure, and that's why I'm flying all the way to Boston to support my friend, Paws 4 A Cure founder Keri, in this wonderful endeavor.  I would be most grateful if you would make a donation as well.  No amount is too small.  If you feel moved to support this cause, please head to their website and make a pledge.  "Team Indiana Bones" would appreciate your support! Every pet deserves a chance at life!

No comments: