Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hopefully the Sun Will Make All the Difference

Indiana looks possessed, but you can totally see my sparkly shoes

It's been raining for 300 days straight here in Illinois.  Okay, maybe not that many, but it sure feels like it.  The sun is out today, sort of.  It's not raining.  Right now.  And tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be beautiful, so yay for that!

I do love me some rainy days, because they make me want to hunker down on the couch, and snuggle up with a cat and read a book or watch TV and generally be really lazy.  That's been kind of disastrous this week, because we have Indiana's big birthday party on Saturday, and I am so behind.  Seriously, I need like an extra 24 hours to get everything done.  I woke up in a panic in the middle of the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep for hours (and that's not an exaggeration), because I was convinced that there was no way humanly possible to get everything done that I want to get done. 

Do you do that?  Wake up in the middle of the night, worrying about this or that?  I do that every few weeks or so, and when I wake up again in the morning, I think, "What the heck is wrong with you?  Why were you freaking out?  It's not that big of a deal."  For some reason, nighttime makes everything worse.  For example, in the middle of the night, I might think, "Oh My God I Have To Make Cupcakes For Tomorrow Night, And I Will Never Get Them Done, And When Am I Supposed To Make Cupcakes, Oh My God, It's The End Of The World."  But then when I wake up in the morning, I'm considerably more lucid, and capable of thinking things like, "Well, I have two hours between my appointments, so I can make cupcakes then, and then after my second appointment, I can frost the cupcakes.  Easy peasy."  But these things do not occur to you in the middle of the night. 

Anyway, I totally got off on a tangent, because my whole point about my night worries is that I think in this case they are totally founded.  I woke up this morning feeling slightly better than at 1am, but still...there's a lot to be done.  And I have standards to live up to.  Eh, sleep is totally overrated.

Another thing that has made my week weird, is that the rain has kept my four cats inside, for the most part.  They'll run outside while it's raining to potty under the deck, and during brief periods when it isn't raining, they'll explore for a little while, but overall, they've been in the house a lot more than usual.  Which means a lot more energy, and a lot more fights. 

Yesterday morning, Jim woke up and found a bag of dog food on the floor, filled with holes, probably attacked by Samson.  Who brought in a snake two days ago.  And Gus has been trying to make Mr. Squiggles play, which Mr. S hates.  And Gus and Samson have been stalking Q*bert all around the house, and Q*bert has been annoying the heck out of me during meal time, running around my legs and then biting me when I dare make contact with him.  All I can say is that I am sooooo glad that it's supposed to finally be getting nice outside, so I can get these darn cats outside, where they can work off their energy and take their aggression out on, I don't know, butterflies or something.  Sorry butterflies, but better you than me.

No comments: