Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Short List


Our first picture of our photo session.  See how he loves the can?


Our second photo.  Now this is getting a little old. 
I think Q*bert was walking past the doorway, which is waaaaay more important.

Ok, seriously, at this point, he's had enough.  See the eyes?  See the ears? 
It was time to put the camera down and walk away.

Everyone knows about the daily struggle Jim and I have to get Indiana to eat.  Some days leave me in tears, but since we discovered Evanger's canned "Hunk of Beef" food, it's made our lives sooooooo much easier.  It used to be, we had a list of maybe 4-5 canned foods that Indiana would eat.  Today, that list appears to be one.  And it's Hunk of Beef.

Evanger's is a good company--all natural, human-grade ingredients.  They stand apart from other companies because they actually make their food right in the can.  Plop in ingredients.  Cook in can.  Done.  So the texture of their foods is more like "people" food.  The Hunk of Beef is literally that.  A hunk of beef.  It has the texture of beef cooked in a crockpot.  No veggies.  Just beef.

Indiana will always eat it, which is good, because it's one of the few things that we are guaranteed to get into her.  Jim just expressed concern this morning about what we would do if it goes off "The List."  I told him we can't think about that.  But then I thought, "What would we do??"  And then I pushed it out of my mind, because, geez, it's not a pretty thought.  There's always something, I'm sure, but I don't know what it would be.  Thank God I work at a pet food store.

I definitely recommend this food to anyone with a picky pet.  The Evanger's rep I talked to several weeks ago at the IKC Dog Show said it is their top selling canned food.  I can see why. 

No comments: