Friday, March 25, 2011

The Party of The Century


Yep.  It's a mega-themed party for Indiana's 13th Birthday.  We've had a big party for her every year since she beat cancer back in 2006, but this is the first (really big) birthday party we've done.  Thirteen is a huge milestone for any dog, let alone a dog who has tangled with cancer twice. 

For those who don't know, Indiana's "full" name is Indiana Bones, named not after Indiana Jones himself, per se, but after Indiana Jones' namesake, his childhood dog.  "We named the dog Indiana."  "I have very fond memories of that dog."  After commissioning this portrait for Jim's Christmas present last year, we were inspired to make Indiana Bones the theme of her birthday party.  It only seemed appropriate, since we'll be celebrating her and her life.

For those who have never attended a Schneider party before, you have to know this: we don't do anything simply.  Think children's party (lots of food, games, prizes, swag bags) but on a grand, adult scale.  Go big or go home, I say.

I can't talk too much more about the party without giving away all of the fun details.  What I can say is that it will potentially be the best party yet, honoring Indiana in true Schneider fashion.  I don't mean to brag, but, heck; let's just say it's going to be EPIC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go!
-Jeanie