Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Favorite Artist






These are two portraits by the wonderfully talented Rebecca Salcedo of Smelly Rhino Studio.  I had Indiana's done for Jim's Christmas present, and we loved it so much that we decided to have Rebecca do portraits of all of our pets.  Next up (age-wise, it's only fair) was Isis.  She is named after the Egyptian goddess of fertility, so we wanted a portrait that would reflect that.  Rebecca did an amazing job--beyond what I ever could have hoped for. 

I love that in both portraits, it really looks like our dogs!  Rebecca captured their faces so realistically.  I am in awe of her talents and creativity.  I wish you all could see the pictures in "real life."  As amazing as they look here, they look even better in person--the colors are so bright. 

Another thing I love--they are tiny!  They are ACEO, which are 2.5" x 3.5".  We frame them in plain, black 11 x 14 frames with a plain, white mat, which really shows off the color and detail of the pictures. 

Rebecca has also been a joy to work with.  She's super nice and quirky and fun, and it's so enjoyable to look through her Etsy store.  Check it out here.  I think you will love her as much as I do! 

Next up will be a portrait of Mr. Squiggles.  Jim and I are still debating what we want to do.  But I have no doubt, that in Rebecca's creative hands, it will be a gem as well.

3 comments:

smellyrhinostudio said...

*Blushing* Thank you my friend. I enjoyed creating them as much as you do owning them!

Unknown said...

Hey - this is so cool - Rebecca is my favourite artist too!!!!

I remember when she did Indiana Bones (love it) and now Isis is such a wonderful companion piece. Can't wait to see Mr. Squiggles!

(Rebecca did a "Mafia" version of our cat, Joe. Amazing!)

Jen said...

Christy--very cool! I just love the way Rebecca captures the details of the pets, yet makes the artwork really fun. We still have to decide on themes for the four cats (Jim and I disagree on it right now!), but it's a fun thing to look forward to, for sure.