Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Bill Wilson


This is Bill Wilson.  He is my brother, and Indiana's best friend (besides Isis, that is).  Bill is staying with us for a couple of days.  When he got here this morning, there was much excitement.  Indiana actually got up to greet Bill and my parents, and Isis and Bill tried to play (Indiana doesn't allow play between other dogs--it makes her nervous since she can't control them--so she gets between them to end it.  I guess herding instincts never go away!). 

Indiana has such a happy look on her face today.  She loves spending time with Bill.  Even if they're not actually doing anything, she's just happy to have him around.  He's big, goofy, loveable, and kind of dumb, but he aims to please, so everyone likes Bill. 

My Mom and Dad found Bill on the side of the road back in 2002.  He had escaped from a (probably bad) living situation and was sleeping in a ditch.  Mom and Dad picked him up, and after a long, bizarre series of calls, found out he was essentially homeless, and decided to keep him.  So Bill's been family ever since. 

Bill has this annoying habit of following you everywhere.  Seriously.  Upstairs, to the bathroom, outside.  It doesn't matter.  He also sleeps with us at night, which is interesting, because he weighs about 70 pounds and has to be touching you to really be content.  So tonight will be a bit...cramped. 

He does have a huge heart though.  He only wants to make you happy.  He doesn't have the slightest idea how to play with toys.  He is insanely jealous of his own (7) cats.  Some days he demands to be hand-fed.  He loves going for walks.  He has the loudest bark ever.  When my parents visit with him, after about half an hour, he goes and sleeps by the back door, waiting to go home.  He hates, and I mean hates having his picture taken.  He thinks he's a lap dog and often sleeps on my Dad's lap in his recliner.  He is really badly behaved at the vet's office.  And he loves, loves, loves to bark at trucks.

He is my baby brudder, and I love him to bits.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love him too! He knocks me over at least once when I "visit." And even though I've seen him I don't even know how many times, his bark still initially makes me jump 3 feet in the air!!! haha!