Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Explain To Me Why...

...cats like to sleep upside down.

...when I am giving pills after meals, wrapped in delicious liver sausage, only one of the three dogs in my house will come into the kitchen, thus requiring me to walk into two other rooms to deliver said pills.

...when we have over 1/2 an acre of land fenced in for the cats, they still insist on being in the same ten square feet, eyeing each other suspiciously and growling when someone gets too close.

...I am content to curl up into a tiny ball at the far, top edge of my king-sized bed to make room for the two seventy-pound dogs and one small cat.

...it takes the dogs a good five minutes sometimes to realize that I am home, yet all the UPS man has to do is drive into the neighborhood, and suddenly everyone is creating a fuss.

...the cat food tastes so much better when it's out of someone else's bowl.

...it tastes so much better out of someone else's bowl, even when it's the exact same food.

...an empty paper bag on the floor can be the coolest thing ever.

...some dogs will put absolutely anything in their mouths, edible or not.

...someone is whining right now, for no apparent reason.

...I love these creatures so very much.  Oh, wait.  I do know the answer to that one.

No comments: