Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things I Love Today


I had a kind of rough day yesterday (any day that involves jumper cables, police cars with their lights flashing just for you, and a tow truck is destined not to be the best day ever).  My week is already really busy, with me spending all week volunteering at the IKC Dog Show (13-14 hour days, no time to sit down, one 5-minute lunch break,  babysitting an extra critter this week along with caring for my own (beyond time-consuming) clan, a rehearsal and a big concert on Sunday...yikes!  I'm already freaking myself out!).  Now I'm down one vehicle (please, please, please be done by noon today!), and I have to get myself up to Chicago late this afternoon to begin set-up.  *Takes deep breaths*

I'm trying to be zen about the whole thing, because I have control over so little of it.  So in honor of that, today's post is about things that are making me smile today:

I love that Gus tries to play with Mr. Squiggles, and because he plays too hard, it makes Mr. Squiggles mad.

I love Isis won't get into bed until after Jim and I have both gotten out of it. 

I love that Samson has started sleeping with us at night, finally, after being a member of our family for 14 months. 

I love that the minute I sit down on the couch, Mr. Squiggles heads over from anywhere in the house to sit on my lap.

I love that Indiana will always, always eat her freeze-dried patties with her liquid gold medicine.  Good girl!

I love that Indiana has been getting up  on the bed, all by herself!

I love that Q*bert has no self-control when it comes to food, and that he runs around crying like an idiot while we're preparing meals. 

I love that it's getting warmer outside, which means Indiana can sit outside as long as she wants.

I love knowing that I have a house full of kitties, happily sleeping somewhere, usually where I can't find them.

I love that in 5 days, my hell week will be over for another year!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The very thought of a hungry crying Q made me crack up. After having seen it, it's one of those funny mental images you can replay just to make yourself smile :) He's such an adorable little dork... love!