Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Poly-MVA Day 2


Sorry to be absent all of last week as well as yesterday.  Jim and I were on a much-needed vacation last week.  We missed the kids, but they all did great without us.  I'm not even sure we were missed! 

And yesterday, well...I meant to post, but I got lazy.  Then we had a diarrhea issue that required a change of Valentine's Day plans and an impromptu bath in a kiddie pool in the utility room with a garden hose.  Yeah, we do it up classy-style here.

Just to be clear, the diarrhea issue was dog-related, not me or Jim.

We started Indiana on her Poly-MVA yesterday.  This may or may not have caused the diarrhea.  We had been warned to look for signs of detox, but can detox happen in 10 hours?  I don't know.  Indiana seems to be feeling fine, and we haven't had any more explosive diarrhea.  (Plus now her shiny, fluffy hair matches her bright, shiny, happy eyes)

The main "job" of the Poly-MVA is to shrink the tumor on Indy's back, but it has other potential benefits as well.  Most promisingly, it can potentially help her arthritis.  I think I'm more excited about this effect than any other.  Yes, I want the tumor to shrink, but this medicine also can give her more energy and decrease her joint pain.  If it does any of those things, I will consider it a success.  For now, Indiana is feeling good, and that's great.  I will be watching her closely every day, especially as we increase her dosage, and will be hoping for significant improvements over the long-term. 

No comments: