Thursday, June 2, 2011

Content

Could he be more comfortable?

So, last night, the rarest of rares occurred--Indiana got up and slept in bed with me and Jim.  She used to sleep with us all the time, but then I think it became more effort than it was worth to get up there.  (Plus, Jim moves around too much, and steals the covers)  She's been sleeping on the bed a lot lately though, which makes my heart go pit-a-pat every time I see it.  So when she slept between us last night, well, I thought my heart wouldn't be able to handle it.  Then, she layed over on her side, and I could feel her up against my leg.  *Swoon*

Plus, Indy's been eating really well.  And taking her pills.  And her UTI is gone.  And the cats have been (sort of) getting along. 

A happy clan of animals = a happy Mama.  My happiness is most definitely linked to how well my babies are doing, especially Indy.  Maybe because I've spent so much time taking care of her and getting her to a point where she is happy and healthy (which is, by the way, the goal).  I feel like I can sit back and enjoy the fruits of my efforts.  Pretend for the time being that I live a normal existence, in a world without missing cats, catastrophic illness, arthritis, and cancer.  For now, I am just a Mom with 6 animals, who are all healthy and happy, bringing me joy day after day.  And I plan to savour every moment. 

No comments: