Friday, June 19, 2009

Things I've Learned From My Dog--Welcome!

Hello, and welcome! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! It's pretty hard to decide what to write; I don't want to just ramble on! I think I have something to say though, and I hope you'll agree!

Some quick background: three years ago, on June 30, 2006, the lives of my family were turned upside down when our beloved Belgian sheepdog mix, Indiana, nearly died from an undiagnosed tumor in her stomach. I'll talk more about that day later, but for now, it's just important that you know that that day changed our lives forever. In some ways it was the worst day of my life, but it did afford me the opportunity to reexamine our lives and the lives of our pets and make significant changes for the better. Because of Indiana, I fell in love with the beautiful philosophy of holistic medicine, found a fantastic diet I will feed my pets for the rest of my life, expanded my horizons, met a whole new group of wonderful people (my "PCS family"--more about them later too), and discovered much about myself and life in the process. All because of this fantastic, amazing dog.

Through this blog, I hope to share with you all of the things I've learned and am still learning, about pet health and diet, alternative medicines and treatments, about new products that I've fallen in love with (and that I think you and your pet will too). I would like to bring guest bloggers to you as well; parents with an amazing story to tell, experts and doctors who can broaden our horizons together. I'm still on a journey to learn, and I'd like to invite you along.

This blog is dedicated to Indiana and her unbelievable spirit. Through her, I have learned courage and strength, perseverance, dedication, forgiveness, and the incredible capacity to love. I hope you too will benefit from the things I've learned from my dog.

Up next: Part One of Indiana's story, including adorable baby photos!

No comments: